2011/06/18

Limitless Review

"Limitless" is directed by Neil Burger, the same who directed "The Illusionist". The story is about a man who discovers drug which allows him to use 100% of his brain potential and hereby solve all of his problems and reach huge and quick achievements in his life. But of course every drug has its side effects and outside demand.

At first, when I saw the trailer, I predicted that "Limitless" will be one of my best movies of all time due to its tremendously appealing story. But it is not. Although it is hard to name any specific flaws, expectations were much higher than the result and most obviously due to details of the story. I think this happens almost to every movie where the story is original and promising but the script cannot handle the full potential of the story. For example, I wish that someday I will see a movie, where there won't be involved any guns to reach high tension in climax of the story, I wish that there would be also another source of all problems in couple relationships than lies. All such originality is killed by the same problem and problem resolution details, that repeat in almost every movie. With all this I want to say that all three main characters around the main character ( Bradley Cooper ) were unnecessary, especially main character's wife, who seemed to be necessary in the script just to show that she is one of his achievements during the journey of his development. de Niro's character on his side very much narrowed the storyline to one type of way how the main character could express 100% of his brain potential.

Bradley Cooper was as usual - dependable and stable acting, but without Oscar qualities. Robert de Niro also was the same - if not playing gangster or bad cop, his acting is always somewhere in between.

Overall I cannot say that "Limitless" was bad, it was still interesting, but if after the trailer you probably thought this is a "must see", then I believe after you'll watch it you will consider it as another movie with supernatural elements.

At the time of this post IMDb users has given it 7.1 out of 10 rating. I rate it a little higher, but just because such stories meet my taste.

All of the above is just my opinion and of course everything depends on everyone's taste, but I hope I gave You at least a little impression of whether this movie corresponds to Your particular taste.

You are welcome to visit other movie reviews at http://www.criticpress.com/


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment